What is Spinal Cord Injury ?
Spinal cord injury is the very serious type of trauma which comes with the enduring effects on the patient’s routine life. The spinal cord starts from the neck at the brain base and ends above the buttocks. The cord is approx. 18 inches
long. UMNs (Upper Motor Neurons) are the various nerves present in the spinal cord which are the reason for transmitting signals from the human brain to various parts of the body.
As the messages are being sent via the spinal cord, humans beings can feel the pain and move their limbs because of it. When the spinal cord is damaged, few or all of such impulses and messages cannot be sent properly leading to various
Reason behind spinal cord injury :
Mostly, the spinal cord injury is caused by an impulsive event or accident. Few, most common causes of it are as follows –
- Road Traffic Accident
- Being shot or stabbed
- Hitting the bottom while diving into very shallow water
- Trauma to head, face, neck and back due to motor accident
- Fall from high height
- Sport injuries
- Excess of Heavy exercise without support
- Electrical accident
- Complete twist of torso middle portion
Spinal Cord Injuries Type :
There are 2 major types of Spinal Cord Injuries as follows –
- Partial/Incomplete Spinal Cord Injuries, in which the cord is partially affected and the patient has some functions retained based on the level or degree of injury. Anterior Cord Syndrome, Brown Sequard Syndrome & Central Cord
Syndrome are few most common types of partial spinal cord injury.
- Complete Spinal Cord Injuries, in which the spinal cord is fully damaged and the patient has no functions below the level of injury. However, it is now possible to regain the lost body functions with the help of stem cell therapy
and physical therapy.
Symptoms of Spinal Cord Injury :
- Difficulty in walking
- Difficulty in moving legs and arms
- No control on bowel or bladder
- Loss of Libido
- Loss if Fertility
- A headache
- Pain in the back or neck region
- Signs of Shock
- Uncontrolled / Unnatural head position
- Stiffness and pressure in the back or neck
Stem Cell Treatment for Spinal Cord Injury at MedAcess, India :
Stem cell treatment makes the regeneration of the tissues, even more, stronger and healthy to its fullest because along with the other unique abilities, the stem cells have the special power to carry out healing and anti-inflammatory
properties. One more benefit of stem cell therapy is that it can make the patients immune system better thus speeding up the rebuilding and regeneration system of the organism which will ultimately help in the improvement of the
damaged area quickly.
Spinal Cord Injury is now being treated with Stem Cells as this therapy can restore the physiological and sensory abilities of the patient assisting them in the recovery process.
Stem Cell Therapy can be used to improve the condition of the patient’s life and relieving the symptoms that improve the overall quality of life of the patient.
Along with the stem cell therapy, at MedAcess, India the patient will also need to go under rehabilitation session. Along with the physical therapies and regular counseling, the patient’s confidence and hope will boost leading to his
emotional and social improvement.
The whole procedure is very safe, reliable, risk-free and painless. The patient will start experiencing the improvements in their condition within 3 – 4 weeks of the stem cell treatment which will gradually keep on going up during
the next 4 – 6 months.
Why Choose MedAcess for Spinal Cord Injury Treatment ?
MedAcess has an excellent and successful career and vast experience in treating such conditions with excellent results. We are well equipped with the latest stem cell technology and the well-versed team of stem cell scientist and doctors.
We always keep ourselves updated with the latest research and studies in the field of stem cell therapy and we are improving our skills and knowledge constantly. This is the reason we are one of the leading stem cell treatment
center in India.
Advantages of Spinal Cord Injury Treatment at MedAcess, India :
- No side effects
- Zero risk
- No risk of contamination of the transmissible diseases
- Shorter duration of the treatment
- Easy and large access to stem cells
- No complications
- Physiotherapy provided along with the stem cell therapy
Our package includes :
- Dedicated Stem Cell Doctor during the treatment
- Dedicated separate nurse or staff for the patient deputed by the hospital.
- Private ward single seat deluxe room in the hospital in which one attendant can stay during the treatment to maintaining very high degree of hygiene & odor free environment
- Provided the food for the patient (Recommended by Doctor)
- Food for the caregiver during stay (Only for International Patient)
Also, include in the treatment
- Consultation Fees
- Doctor’s visits
- Nursing Charges
- Physiotherapy (as per recommendation)
- OT / ICU / Recovery room charges
- Basic Lab Investigation as per list is given below :
- Complete blood Counts
- Routine urine analysis
- Liver function tests
- Renal function tests
- Blood sugar (random)
- Test for HIV, HBV,HCV& Syphilis
- X-ray chest
- Coagulation profile