Case ID : Med634
Age : 38 years
Sex : Male
Country : Australia
Diagnosis : Spinal Cord Injury (C4-T1). The patient suffered Spinal Cord Injury in the cervical region while working out in the Gymnasium. He underwent surgery and the injury was stabilized.
Reason to choose MedAcess, India for Stem Cell Treatment :
He was tired of the pain and symptoms that he was facing due to the injury and read online about MedAcess and the Stem Cell Therapy for Spinal Cord Injury patient. After we arranged for his call conference with one of our treated patient of the same condition, he decided to come to MedAcess, India.
Date of treatment : 22nd Nov 2017
Treatment Place : Facility of MedAcess, India
Pre-Treatment condition :
- The patient was unable to use his right-hand fingers.
- The patient experienced weakness in all his limbs.
- He complained of the muscle stiffness.
- Difficulty in waking without support.
Treatment performed in MedAcess, India :
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells derived from Wharton’s Jelly of Human Umbilical Cord.
- The patient was administered total 6 injections of Stem Cells.
- 3 injections through intravenous route with a dose of 1 million stem cells per Kg of the patient's body weight.
- 3 injections of the competent stem cells through Lumbar Puncture.
Post-Treatment condition :
Before the discharge of the patient from the MedAcess facility, the following improvements were noted by our team –
- The patient is now able to extend his right-hand fingers.
- He experienced an increase in the muscle power of the lower limbs.
- He now had a better posture control of his lower back while sitting.
- The patient can now able to take few steps without support.
- His Knee extension and flexion have improved.
Disclaimer: Stem Cell Therapy at MedAcess, India does not fall under the realm of approved treatment modalities. The improvements and results out of this therapy may vary from patient to patient depending upon the conditions.
The patient’s name has not been disclosed to protect their identity.