What is Systemic Lupus Erythematosus ?
SLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus) is one type of the Lupus Erythematosus in which the immune systems attacks the healthy body tissues of the human body including the kidneys, lungs, heart, joint and blood cells.
Symptoms of SLE :
SLE has both, mild and severe symptoms varying among the patient.
The most common symptoms of SLE are –
- Severe Fatigue
- Pain in Joints
- Swollen Joints
- Hair Loss
- A headache
- Damaged blood clotting system
- Raynaud’s phenomenon, in which the fingers turn white or blue in cold weather with the tingling sensation.
- Skin Infection
- Problem in respiration
What causes SLE ?
There are 5 main causes of SLE as
- It has been found that Systemic Lupus Erythematosus is found in the families with the history of SLE. Some genes are associated with SLE. However, the role of genes in the development of SLE is still unknown.
- SLE can be found at any age, however, it is mostly found in the patient with age group of 14 - 45 years. As compared to the elders, adolescents are more prone to this disease’s mucocutaneous manifestation. Elder patients of
SLE normally have high mortality rate because of the late onset of the disease.
- Hormones and sex
- Females are found to be more affected with SLE than males. During menstruation and pregnancy, females found severe complications. Because of this, it has been believed that hormones and sex might influence the SLE development.
- Ethnic Background
- Various studies show that few ethnic groups are more prone to SLE, wherein few ethnicity patients have worse or better prognosis. SLE is mostly found in the patients of African, Native American or Asian origin more than Caucasians.
- Various environmental factors like Ultraviolet rays, viruses, trauma, use of harmful medicines, emotional or physical stress can also cause SLE.
Treatment Options of SLE :
As there is no permanent cure for SLE found so far, the main of the treatment of SLE is to control or reduce the symptoms.
Various treatment options of SLE includes using immunosuppressive drugs, use of steroid creams for skin rashes, anti-inflammatory drugs for joint pain, patient counseling with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to overcome the stress, anxiety,
SLE treatment with Stem Cell Therapy :
Various research and studies have shown that SLE can also be treated with stem cell therapy.
Stem Cells can be differentiated into cartilage and bones leading to tissue regeneration. Stem cells are very useful for the autoimmune disease treatment like SLE as they are not detected by the immune system. As per recent research, stem
cells are administered into the areas when the inflammation occurs for SLE patients and this helps in regeneration of the damaged tissues.
As there are no side effects or risk involved in the stem cell therapy, many scientists and experts believed that Stem Cell Therapy can lead to significant improvement in SLE patients.
MedAcess has developed the Stem Cell Therapy program to treat various conditions. During our stem cell treatment, each patient receives 200 – 300 million stem cells. The quantity of the stem cells not only covers daily losses but exceeds
them a million times. Thus, the source of the stem cells which is practically lost for the last 15 – 20 years, is recovered and restored. After our stem cell infusion, various organs get rejuvenated and they get renewed because the
new and active stem cells completely replace the old and damaged ones.
Advantages of Stem Cell Therapy at MedAcess :
- Zero side effects and rejections free
- Zero risks of Allergic or Immune reactions
- No risk of transmissible disease
- No oncological complications
- Minimum hospital stay
- Long lasting results
Our package includes :
- Dedicated Stem Cell Doctor during the treatment
- Dedicated separate nurse or staff for the patient deputed by the hospital.
- Private ward single seat deluxe room in the hospital in which one attendant can stay during the treatment to maintaining very high degree of hygiene & odor free environment
- Provided the food for the patient (Recommended by Doctor)
- Food for the caregiver during stay (Only for International Patient)
Also, include in the treatment
- Consultation Fees
- Doctor’s visits
- Nursing Charges
- Physiotherapy (as per recommendation)
- OT / ICU / Recovery room charges
- Basic Lab Investigation as per list is given below :
- Complete blood Counts
- Routine urine analysis
- Liver function tests
- Renal function tests
- Blood sugar (random)
- Test for HIV, HBV,HCV& Syphilis
- X-ray chest
- Coagulation profile