What is Peptic Ulcer ?
When the abdominal lining in the lower esophagus or the upper part of the Intestine leads to gastrointestinal sores known as Peptic Ulcer.
Type of Peptic Ulcer:
There are 2 type of the peptic ulcer based on the location as
- Duodenal Ulcer, which can be found in the intestine.
- Gastric Ulcer, which can be found in the stomach.
Symptoms of Peptic Ulcer :
Symptoms of the peptic ulcer are based on the age of the patient and location of the ulcer as follows –
- Epigastric pain also known as abdominal pain which is a meal related symptom. The patient will observe abdominal pain during the meal which is caused by the production of the acid when food enters the stomach.
- Weight loss due to loss of appetite.
- A feeling stomach is full all the time and distended stomach.
- Dark green colored feces with a very pungent smell.
- Duodenal or Gastric perforation.
- Blood vomiting or Haematemesis.
Cause of Peptic Ulcer :
H, Pylori, also known as Helicobacter Pylori which is a bacterium is found to be the reason behind peptic ulcer in more than 50% cases. The immune system is not able to resolve or fight the infection caused by H. Pylori despite the presence of antibodies in the serum. Because of this the chronic inflammation occurs leading to gastritis caused by the colonization of the anterior part of the stomach mucosa.
NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) like Aspirin, Ibuprofen is one of the major cause of Peptic Ulcer. These drugs block the enzymes which secrete Prostaglandin that protect the mucosa by stimulation the coating with the layer of mucus. As a result, the mucosa remains unprotected from gastric acid thus leading to ulceration.
Liver Cirrhosis, Use of Tobacco, stress from prolonged illness, Crohn or Behcet Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome are also few reasons behind the occurrence of peptic ulcer.
Peptic Ulcer Treatment :
- Surgical Intervention in the case of emergency.
- Using antibiotic and pump inhibitor for treating H. Pylori infection.
- Medication that can decrease the acid production with pump inhibitors like H2 antagonists.
- Using NSAIDs with Prostaglandin.
- H2 antagonists or Antacids.
Stem Cell Treatment for Peptic Ulcer in India :
The risk of peptic ulcers is directly proportional to the age and other factors like reduced healing ability. The stem cells can replace the damaged cells at the injury site causing the regeneration of the new cells and replacing the damaged ones leading to improvement in the healing process.
Because of this ability, stem cell therapy has been found as an alternative cure for the patient who is looking for the relief of symptoms.
MedAcess has developed the Stem Cell Therapy program to treat various conditions. During our stem cell treatment, each patient receives 200 – 300 million stem cells. The quantity of the stem cells not only covers daily losses but exceeds them a million times. Thus, the source of the stem cells which is practically lost for the last 15 – 20 years, is recovered and restored. After our stem cell infusion, various organs get rejuvenated and they get renewed because the new and active stem cells completely replace the old and damaged ones.
What is Cost of Stem Cell Treatment for Peptic Ulcer in India?
The average cost of Stem Cell Therapy for Peptic Ulcer in India is usually between 3.2 lakh ($4,000) to 5.6 lakh ($7,000). However, the prices may vary depending upon various medical factors like the type of stem cell treatment, type of cells, the number of stem cells required, type of stem cells, hospital stay, pre-treatment investigations, etc.
Low Cost stem cell therapy for Peptic Ulcer in India is also a factor that is giving new hope to patients who need Stem Cell Treatment. The Cost of Stem Cell Treatment in India is significantly Low, but the medical services provided by the hospitals are top-notch with International Medical standards and latest technologies at MedAcess Stem Cell Center India.
Advantages of Stem Cell Therapy at MedAcess :
- Zero side effects and rejections free
- Zero risks of Allergic or Immune reactions
- No risk of transmissible disease
- No oncological complications
- Minimum hospital stay
- Long lasting results