What is Macular Degeneration ?
With the help of our intact vision, we can easily read anything, clearly see the near or far distant objects, can drive carefully and many other daily routine activities with ease. But, what will happen if there is no vision or there
will be any dysfunction in the eyes, ever imagined? The simple answer is that the life will become worse and dependent on the other and things will not in our favor.
Macular is the central portion of the retina, which starts to get deteriorate with age leading to Macular Degeneration. The retina is the very light-sensitive part of the human eyes and if any problem occurs in this part, the vision
will be affected gradually. Even though it won't lead to complete blindness, however, it can lead to significant visual disability. Aged people mainly older ones are more prone to this disease.
As per the recent and latest research in Opthalmology field, it has been found that the patients with decreased visual activity caused by the macular degeneration can find it very difficult to do their daily chores as compared to Glaucoma
patients with Vision Impairment.
Macular Degeneration leaves a strong –ve impact on the well being of the patient socially and psychologically.
Type of Macular Degeneration :
There are 2 main type of Macular Degeneration as –
- Wet Macular Degeneration, that occurs when the blood vessels grow beneath the macula in the Choroidal Neovascularization(Choroid). These damaged blood vessels will lead to leakage of blood and fluid in the retina which disturbs
the intact vision.
The main symptoms of the Wet Macular Degeneration are the loss of central vision, blind spots, an appearance of straight lines becoming wavey. The scar will appear and there will permanent loss of central
vision if the leakage is excessive.
- Dry Macular Degeneration is mainly caused by the Drusen which is a yellow deposit present in the Macula. Though the small-sized Drusen’s will not affect the vision, however, if they grow large in size and number then they will
start diminishing the visual quality.
The main symptoms of the Dry Macular Degeneration are difficulty in reading, Optic Atrophy, Central Vision Loss and Blind Spots.
Symptoms of Macular Degeneration :
The most common symptom in both types of Macular Degeneration is Central Vision Loss.
Other symptoms are as follows-
In Wet Macular Degeneration :
- Central Vision Loss
- Straight lines appearing as wavey
In Dry Macular Degeneration :
- Less defined vision
- Hazier Vision
- Difficulty in recognization of the faces
- Difficulty in reading in dark light
- Always need bright light
- Blurry text
- Colors appear less vibrant
Treatment Modalities for Macular Degeneration :
Many treatment modalities are available for the cure of Macular Degeneration.
Various medications are nowadays has been found to treat Macular Degeneration.
Dry Macular Degeneration patients can enhance their visual function with low-vision rehabilitation. Zinc and other specific Antioxidants if given in high dose can lead to significant difference in such patients.
Anti Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Medication (Anti-VEGF Medication), Vitamins and Minerals (like Copper, Zinc, Beta Carotene, Vit C, E, A), Robo4, Laser, Telescope Contact Lens and Photodynamic Therapy can help the patients with
Wet Macular Degeneration.
Role of Stem Cell Therapy in Macular Degeneration :
Recent research and discoveries in Stem Cell Technology have shown that the Stem Cells can help in repairing the damaged retina and they also lead to the complete stop in the progression of the vision loss thus leading to improvement
of the overall quality of human life.
Stem Cell Therapy has open the new doors towards the cure and improvements of the patient with Macular Degeneration.
MedAcess has developed the Stem Cell Therapy program to treat various conditions. During our stem cell treatment, each patient receives 200 – 300 million stem cells. The quantity of the stem cells not only covers daily losses but exceeds
them a million times. Thus, the source of the stem cells which is practically lost for the last 15 – 20 years, is recovered and restored. After our stem cell infusion, various organs get rejuvenated and they get renewed because
the new and active stem cells completely replace the old and damaged ones.
Advantages of Stem Cell Therapy at MedAcess :
- Zero side effects and rejections free
- Zero risks of Allergic or Immune reactions
- No risk of transmissible disease
- No oncological complications
- Minimum hospital stay
- Long lasting results
Our package includes :
- Dedicated Stem Cell Doctor during the treatment
- Dedicated separate nurse or staff for the patient deputed by the hospital.
- Private ward single seat deluxe room in the hospital in which one attendant can stay during the treatment to maintaining very high degree of hygiene & odor free environment
- Provided the food for the patient (Recommended by Doctor)
- Food for the caregiver during stay (Only for International Patient)
Also, include in the treatment
- Consultation Fees
- Doctor’s visits
- Nursing Charges
- Physiotherapy (as per recommendation)
- OT / ICU / Recovery room charges
- Basic Lab Investigation as per list is given below :
- Complete blood Counts
- Routine urine analysis
- Liver function tests
- Renal function tests
- Blood sugar (random)
- Test for HIV, HBV,HCV& Syphilis
- X-ray chest
- Coagulation profile